- Intent is what makes the world.
- Make yourself available to the spirit by being aware of it.
- Beckon intent by voicing the word: intent!
- Intent only comes for something that is abstract.
- Intent is beckoned with the eyes.
- Once doubts are banished, anything is possible.
- The world is a description.
- We uphold the world with our dialogue.
- When the internal dialogue stops, the world collapses.
- The spirit of a warrior is not geared to winning or losing. The spirit of a warrior is geared only to struggle, and every struggle is a warrior’s last battle on earth. Thus the outcome matters very little to him.
- Knowledge and language are separate.
- Knowledge and thoughts are separate.
- Knowledge is independent of language.
- Knowledge is independent of thoughts.
- A warrior selects the items that makes his world. He selects deliberately, for every item he chooses is a shield.
- Watch everything you do. The very thing that could help you develop your will is amidst all the little things you do.
- This time I was able to follow the transition from normal awareness to the state of dreaming step by step. What I found most fascinating was the realization that all of us were already permanently there but did not know it.
- Time is composed of the eagle’s emanations.
- Prepare for the definitive journey.
- Sensations take priority over the mind.
- Find the true centre of the body.
- Keep energy layers tight.
- Separate feelings from sentiments.
- Intensity is a measure of the warrior. The universe never began, and will never end. But it goes through endless fluctuations of intensity. The universe is itself the chariot of intensity. And one can board it!
- A warrior is never under siege. To be under siege implies that one has personal possessions that could be blockaded. A warrior has nothing in the world except his impeccability, and impeccability cannot be threatened.
- Don Juan said that the nagual Elias assured him that the spirit only listened when the speaker speaks in gestures. And gestures do not mean signs or body movements, but acts of true abandon, acts of largesse, of humor. As a gesture for the spirit, sorcerers bring out the best of themselves and silently offer it to the abstract.
- ‘Reality’ is a ‘doing’, and a doing is measured by its fruits.
The hinge of shamanism is the mystery of the assemblage point.
I am already given to the power that rules my fate,
And I cling to nothing, so I will have nothing to defend.
I have no thoughts, so I will see.
I fear nothing, so I will remember myself.
Detached, and at ease,
I will dart past the Eagle to be free.
Ya me di al poder que a mi destino rige.
No me agarro ya de nada, para asi no tener nada que defender.
No tengo pensamientos, para asi poder ver.
No temo ya a nada, para asi poder acordarme de mi.
Sereno y desprendido,
me dejara el aguila pasar a la libertad.
Impeccability is my shield.
Acquiesce elegantly to the designs of the spirit.
The Ten Commandments of the Healers:
- Be good.
- Be honest.
- Be moral.
- Be true.
- Be impeccable.
- Be patient.
- Be detached.
- Do good.
- Cultivate energy.
- Cultivate Silence.
Here, don Melchor said:
“The commandments of the healers are like a map to help us save energy.”
“I set upon my will
An unbending intent:
That, once I make a decision,
I shall carry it out to the end
If it costs me my life.
I shall never commit to what is not my will.”